Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 82 - Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011

Alas after noon, on yet another fine sunny day, it was time to depart The Rock and head back to Hibernia. A Flybe hairdryer brought me as far as Gatwick, taking all of 40 minutes. Disembarking, and onwards through security, it was time for a bite to eat, for I had not eaten, and after perusing the options, plumped for Wetherspoons. I sat down, opted for tomato and basil soup followed by Chilli Con Carne, and then reached for my wallet to order at the bar, only to realise that said wallet was not there, nor was it anywhere on or around my person.

An anxious mosey back to security resulted in fruitless results, then onwards to the airlines desk, where a nice elderly man phoned Flybe and found out that my wallet had indeed been located on the incoming plane - yay! However, it was now down the lost and found "chute", and would not be able to be recovered until tomorrow morning - hiss! Luckily I am due to fly back to Gatwick on Saturday morning so can recover it then - huzzah! But in the meantime I had just £6.55 on my personage - boo!

Nothing for it then but to head for the only budget option in the town that is Gatwick Airport South Terminal Departures - McDonald's!, enjoying a Double burger with cheese, some Chicken Burger thingy and a creme egg McFlurry. Well, beggars can't be choosy. However, there was some Monopoly game-card promotion currently running, and my sticker revealed that I had won a Big Mac - great success! - which will be enjoyed next Sunday on the way home from Crawley.

Onwards to the Ryanair check-in queue , where particularly vigilant check-in personnel were insisting that only one bag of any description could be carried on, and it had to fit into their cage. Mine failed on the first 2 attempts, leading me to don an extra pair of jeans, a shirt and jacket, which did the trick nicely!

Luckily I had pre-ordered a cab from work to meet me at the airport and bring me home, because with no cash or bank-cards, it would have been a long walk back to The Lighthouse!

Contentment : 8.5 / 25
Excitement :    2 / 10
Memorability : 2 / 15

Overall Score : 25% (61st out of 82)

No comments: