Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 115 - Monday, April 25th, 2011

My cinema attendance has been a little on the slide of the late, so the Bank Holiday Monday brought with it the most splendid opportunity to remedy this with a double bill of fare. First up was Arthur (7/10), the heart-warming remake of the Dudley Moore classic which had several laugh-out-loud moments, the first film to achieve this for me in 2011. Russell Brand more-or-less played himself but it was an excellent performance and the supporting cast were excellent too, particularly Jennifer Garner as the Bridezilla, although the exception to the rule was Nick Nolte. Second up was Limitless (5.5/10) which was enjoyably watchable but was hammy at times and had chasm-sized gaps in the plot. Robert de Niro seems to have gone off the boil recently in terms of selecting epic movies to act in.

I had my choice of about 20 buffet restaurants in the vicinity but unfortunately chose a pretty poor one - its name is unknown to me but it's the one nearest the Jervis LUAS stop. I had a basic but fresh salad to start and then it went downhill, with the mains all featuring batter-encrusted low-quality meat, meaning that I ended up just eating the passable noodles. Still, at €6.90 the expectations needed to be low, and I just about got what I paid for but won't be returning.

Contentment : 12 / 25
Excitement :    1 / 10
Memorability : 1.5 / 15

Overall Score : 29% (73rd out of 115)

 

No comments: