Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 138 - Wednesday, May 18th, 2011

Today marked what is likely to be the final day on The Rock for me for quite a while, but I will definitely return sometime in the future and I look forward to comparing it to the Caribbean Rock of Grand Cayman within the next few weeks. I got a taxi to the airport at 3pm and this time the pit-stop was Southampton, where I passed the time ordering a pretty awful chilli con carne and a passable glass of shiraz plonk.

I returned home to a city that had a very exciting day, hosting Queen Elizabeth II and Price Philip, as well as the Europa League Final, which resulted in a 1-0 for Porto over Braga in what was a fairly dire game. My taxi driver was still on a high after being stopped at a bridge for 90 minutes to let the Royal cortege pass, netting him a view of Her Majesty and a €90 fare from the delighted American tourists that he was transporting back to the airport.

                                                                   Adieu, Guernsey!

Contentment : 13 / 25
Excitement :    2 / 10
Memorability : 2.5 / 15

Overall Score : 35% (74th out of 138)

No comments: