Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 144 - Tuesday, May 24th, 2011

This fortnight will be all about chillaxing and doing things that I have been meaning to do for ages - such as getting my eyes tested, as it has been 2-and-a-half years since my last eye-confession, Father. After a ten-minute lunchtime drive in Al The Almera, I conveniently found myself in Gilna Optician's of Thomas Street, where the Optician-In-Residence is none other than youngest sibling Mr. Austin McEvoy.

Testing revealed a slight deterioration in my left eye, the first for about 8 years, giving an even better excuse than usual for new glasses. After trying on about 30 pairs, I opted for a black John Rocha pair which will be ready for wearing on Thursday - huzzah!, and I'll also head to their IFSC store later in the week to choose a 2nd pair.

Formalities dispensed with, we headed for a spot of lunch at nearby Cafe Noto, where I partook of Beef Curry Soup, which was as delicious as it was unusual, and a very tasty mozzarella, basil and tomato panini - the brace costing a mere €8.

John F. Gilna Opticians
Not An Optical Illusion - It's Gilna's of Thomas Street!

Contentment : 15.5 / 25
Excitement :    2.5 / 10
Memorability : 3.5 / 15

Overall Score : 43% (41st out of 144)

No comments: