Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 146 - Thursday, May 26th, 2011

Visited Arnotts today with a €100 voucher that expired about 2 years ago but I said I'd give it a try. The nice lady at the till confirmed that ther was nothing on the card any longer, but when I said that it had expired, she directed me to the information desk, where it was instantly renewed, on the proviso that I spend it within a month. "I'll be spending it today," I replied, gleefully, purchasing a Black Pepper cellar, a Vegetable Roasting Pyrex dish, 6 ice-lolly makers and a Superdry top within minutes - great success!

Onwards to the Sub Lounge near Tara Street station for a couple of their tremendous all-day €3.20 pints with Johnny D before we moseyed along to Thursday Night Darts Club 87 at Doolan's, where eight athletes assembled to compete for the TNDC belt. After an entertaining evening, yours truly retained his crown for the first time since January 2010 after an enthralling sudden-death 501 play-off against Danny "Son Of Hoon" Sjunnesson, after we both finished on 44 points. I used to think that it was a myth that you play better with more beer but now I'm not so sure! A notable mention also for TNDC debutant Tom "El Burrito" Moloney, who netted a fine 11-point haul to instantly enter at Number 19 in the TNDC World Rankings.

Tremendous performances from The Son of Hoon and Lady Tryples

Contentment :   16.5 / 25
Excitement :      3.5 / 10
Memorability :  4 / 15

Overall Score : 48% (25th out of 146)

No comments: