Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 130 - Tuesday, May 10th, 2011

Today saw another external foray for luncheon - to the Purty Kitchen initially, where I needed to use a Citydeal voucher that was expiring today, but desastro!, the said establishment was mysteriously closed! (Fear not though, Citydealers - I contacted them later and they gave me a full refund.) We went instead to nearby Bruno's, which was offering a very splendid 2-course lunch for €10. I opted for Seafood Chowder, which was very fresh and good, and Canelloni Bolognese, which was top notch, especially its tomato sauce. Kudos to the excellent service too.

On the occasion of the first Eurovision semi-final of the week, I made a long-overdue visit to my good friends Bazeem and Eibh and their two young daughters Maedhbh (2) and Ellen (4 months) . Instead of them preparing a feast for me yet again, I insisted on bringing one of my own this time, and when I say one of my own, I mean one lovingly prepared by Bombay Pantry. I even picked up dessert there, in the guise of Apple Crumble ice-cream - seek it out at your earliest convenience and devour it, for it is utterly d'lish. The Eurovision songs were almost entirely all dire, but this of course is not a new occurrence, and the German presenters were most amusing, with wondrous 70's-era pearls such as "Voting is so easy, even a woman can do it!"


Ah, so that's where they got the idea!

Contentment : 14.5 / 25
Excitement :    2.5 / 10
Memorability : 3.5 / 15

Overall Score : 41% (37th out of 130)

No comments: