Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 214 - Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011

A new food location for dinner this evening in the guise of the Triple Crown tavern - top marks for their political correctness in marketing themselves as a "British Isles and Ireland pub". Feeling ever-more bloated and corpulent each day, thanks to the outstanding food on the island, I managed to restrict myself to a solitary course (revolutionary!) of their much-renowned Cottage Pie with vegetables, and outstandingly good it was too.

Afterwards I took the opportunity to throw some Cayman darts, as they had a board with darts of reasonable quality, and two of the very few other patrons present - Palmer and Will from Houston, Texas - joined in to pay many games of Five Lives, all of whose titles were bestowed on the Texan novices. Conversation was good and I passed on what local knowledge of nightlife that I have garnered during my short time here. One of the drinks enjoyed was a pint of potent Ironshore Bock, a local ale packing a 7% alcoholic punch.

 
Potent but tasty fare

Contentment : 16 / 25
Excitement :    2 / 10
Memorability : 2.5 / 15

Overall Score : 41% (94th out of 214)

No comments: