Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 18 - Tuesday, January 18th, 2011

Buffet breakfast in the St. Pierre was a healthy treat, with lashings of melon and pineapple, followed by Weetabix, followed by scrambled eggs and beans - meaning that I wouldn't have to eat for the rest of the day, if I didn't want to, except I did. Graham the taxi-man was upon hand to drive me to work along the narrow winding hilly roads of Guernsey. Work went splendidly and then it was back to the hotel where I dived headlong into a Gym Quickie, featuring a 4km cycle and a 2km row (establishing a stunning new personal 2011 best of 8 minutes 38 seconds in the latter). Colette from work then very kindly picked me up and we headed into St. Peter Port for dinner with Carrie and Alli (also from work) in Christie's.

After a cheeky G 'n T, I tucked into a hearty Seafood Platter, featuring King Prawns, crab, smoked salmon, lobster and an oyster, which was the first ever time that I ate one raw - they really do taste of the sea, and have great flavour. For mains, it was the tastiest shepherd's pie ever - top quality steak mince, tender mash, garden peas, baby carrots, gravy, and a little mini-pot of HP Sauce on the side. Dessert was a very fine trio of sorbets. Conversation flowed ("funny that, with 3 women at the table", I hear you say), making for a really enjoyable night. Colette keeps a hive of bees in her back garden and the fascinating stories about what they do, how long they live, when they sting and how they react when their honey is taken lasted a speedy 20 minutes in itself. Ali left me back to the hotel and a cup of soothing camomile tea in my hotel room capped off a splendid evening. But maybe the camomile wasn't so soothing, as I had an unusually restless night's sleep, having crazy dreams that thankfully have not stayed in the memory bank, and waking up fitfully throughout the night, dagnabit.

My first nude shot of 2011 - phwoarr, I think you'll agree

Contentment : 12.5 / 25
Excitement :    3 / 10
Memorability : 4 / 15

Overall Score : 39% (9th out of 18)

No comments: