Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 26 - Wednesday, January 26th, 2011

After work, I was due to meet up with Gavin who was back from Bermuda on a work project, but he mailed during the day to say that he'd have to work until 8pm. Rather than go home and come back in, I decided to take in yet another film at Cineworld, and the best available at the time was off-Bollywood sensation Dhobi Ghat (4 / 10) - a film about a bloke who's a moody artist, who moves into a kip in Mumbai and stumbles across a set of video diaries left by the previous tenant. Moody artist has a one-night stand with an affluent Indian girl who is back on sabbatical from the US, and has a lowly laundry-man who bumps into this affluent girl and they get on like a house on fire too. Cue much intermingling, tape watching and a melancholic ending, all interspersed with enticing cinematography of Mumbai.

So I emerge from the cinema at about 7.30pm, and endeavour to make contact with Gavin, which is a little difficult because I don't have his Bermudian mobile number, so I e-mail him via iPhone, and make my way towards the south city centre. 8.15pm comes and no word back, so I decide to board a 128 bus home, and as affirmation, a mail comes a few minutes later from Gavin confirming that he is staying on at work.

Homewards to the Lighthouse, where I'm greeted by Darren, Emma and a magnificent triumvirate of toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches that I concoct for myself.



Dhobi Ghat heartland - looks like Dhobi refers to a laundryman


Contentment :  9 / 25
Excitement :     1 / 10
Memorability : 1 /10

Overall Score : 22% (24th out of 26)

No comments: