Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 5 - Wednesday, January 5th, 2011

Hilariously, the lust for work continues, with a springful step into work which was again highly tolerable! Highly tolerable apart from nearby desk-colleague Amaia coughing at her voice-top every 23 seconds, that is. Despite a strong and vocal recommendation for her to retire for the day and desist from spreading her delicious virus 'cross the office, she remained there triumphantly and phlegmatically until day's end.



During my lunch hour, I ventured to Boots, as the charitable Conquer O'Keeffe had bestowed me with a €7.50 Boots voucher, redeemable against any "No. 7" male grooming product. He had obtained this via a €7.50 purchase at Boots, so I approached the counter with goods plus my acquired voucher, and the bill came to €7.59, entitling me to yet another €7.50 voucher, and sending me around the store to use it and make further purchases. I returned to check-out with goods plus my additionally acquired voucher, and the bill came to €9.48, entitling me to yet another €7.50 voucher! Pure hilarity ensued for a further two check-out visitations, and I exited joyously with 6 months' worth of toothpaste, razor-blades, shampoo, hair gel and luxuriant-yet-highly-discounted male grooming products.

To obtain life-saving victuals, I paid visit to the SuperValu emporium for a magnificent €3 hot spicy chicken baguette with coleslaw and peppers (plus free can of Coke), ingredients for my evening culinary triumph, and a six-pack of Cadbury's Crunchie ice-creams (featuring exploding candy kernels) for my beloved work colleagues , including the phlegmatic Lady Amaia, to whom I suggested that the kernels may explode her cough away. This prospect alarmed her deeply, prompting her to thrust her ice-cream into the nearby kitchenette freezer.

An afternoon of considerable toil dispensed with, I ambled homeward to Eastern Wall, and commenced upon my new culinary triumph - FireHouse Beef A La King (pictured). I won't lie to you - it tasted absolutely sensational, so luckily I made 3 giant portions of it - all for myself, naturally.


                                           Fire House Beef A La King!


                                                   The view from the pedestrian bridge at
                                                   the IFSC on my walk home.

Contentment :     14 / 25
Excitement  :       3 / 10
Memorability :    3.5 / 15

Overall Score :   41% (Rank 2nd out of 5)

No comments: