Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 4 - Tuesday, January 4th, 2011

Today was the first working day of the year, and judging by the others in the office, it seems I was one of the few to be remotely happy about it! I work as a Project Manager in Northern Trust Ireland, and the day kicks off with a bracing 30 minute walk from Eastern Wall to Townsend Street. The environs are pleasant, walking along the Liffey (and the pictured Jeanie Johnston famine ship) for much of it, and coupled with the walk home, it's just about my sole source of exercise.



Lunch - the microwaved remainder of my mouth-watering "Spanish" omelette, infused with a half-can of Heinz Baked Beans - was fleeting, allowing me to leave shortly after 5pm to head to Cineworld for a double-premiere of my cinematic viewing for the year. I pay €20 per month via drect debit and it entitles me to see as many films as I like - last year this ranged from 20 films in February to zero in December, but overall it is well worth the commitment.

The two films viewed today were largely as vile as each other - The Way Back (4 out of 10) was very slow and had cringe-worthy dialogue, although the scenery was great, whilst Tron 3D (2.5 out of 10) was toe-curlingly corny and cheesy (and come to think of it, I hate cheesy popcorn) and it was only in (not the best ever) 3D for about 40% of the time. Decent score by Daft Punk though. Betwixt showings, I dashed to McDonald's for a double cheeseburger and a cheese burger, and instantly had McDonald's RegretGuilt afterwards, where you wish you hadn't decided on such fatty greasy victuals.



I have ditched the idea of having a photo taken each day with a different alcoholic beverage (sorry Corbett!), as I generally don't drink at home and don't think I'm too bovvered to source 365 different alky drinks. The idea of having  photo taken each day still just about remians, though they'll have to get more exciting on the eye.

Contentment : 13.5 / 25
Excitement :    2 / 10
Memorability : 2 / 15

Overall : 35% (2nd out of 4)

No comments: