Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 182 - Friday, July 1st, 2011

So six months have elapsed, how tempus fugits! Today, the good people of Maples decreed a complimentary "Celebration Lunch", welcoming me (again) and Stephen and saying goodbye (again) to Sean, who is actually just moving a few cubicles to a different department. The venue was the Chatham Brasserie - an eaterie that seems to capture the imagination of diners, judging by its packed house and rather over-inflated prices (not the latter was an issue on this occasion). Sixteen of us were present ensuring the liveliest of banter. My original haddock and poached egg risotto starter apparently fell on the floor, according to the waiter, so it meant an extra wait to receive the 2nd version, but it was utterly tasty, whilst the pesto and tomato tagliatelle was adequately delicious.

My colleagues also very kindly had a birthday cake for me later in the afternoon - a very nice thought, given that I have only been there for a wet week. Onward to my official birthday celebrations, taking place a couple of days early on account of me flying away this Sunday and of the fact that Friday is a better day to party. And party we did, on the balcony of Dicey Reilly's, where pints were a mere €4 all night. Later in the evning we "retired" downstairs to Krystle nightclub, and thanks to some Smirnoff Ices and double vodkas, I was chief protagonist of a series of dancefloor dance-offs, involving all-comers! The dance-off to Party Rock Anthem was particularly memorable, quite an achievement given those Smirnoff Ices and double vodkas.

On our way out, late into the morning, Chelle spotted Finn from Glee, and I took a picture of the two of them, which I must fish out from Facebook and post it here for posterity.





Contentment : 18 / 25
Excitement :    3 / 10
Memorability : 4.5 / 15

Overall Score : 51% (18th out of 182)

No comments: