Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 192 - Monday, July 11th, 2011

The Nice Young Smoothie Girl's heart soared with joy (in my mind) when I walked in this morning, as we had poignantly bade each other farewell on Friday, but Cayman bureaucracy has ensured at two more meets, for it was confirmed that my paperwork has now come through and I will depart here early tomorrow afternoon. The awesome multi-ethnic shopping mall food court was visited for the last time of the journey, signing off with some tasty Singapore chicken noodles.

After work, I roamed the streets choosing the most suitable restaurant for The Last Montreal Supper, and chose an urban-style Italian with many good review extracts trumpeted on its front window. The Insalata Caprese was good but the pasta with basil and pine nuts that followed was a gloopy mess that was about 90% green tasteless sauce. I left at least three-quarters of it, deliberately prompting the waiter to ask was it good - I said no, it was far too saucy, but he said that was the style, even though it didn't hint at that on the menu. No tip for him, then.

Back to the Omni for a 9th and final night's sleep in their very comfortable bed - a 10th would have given me a free night in any of their hotels, but who knows, maybe it will happen sometime in the future.



Farewell to The Omni

Contentment : 15.5 / 25

Excitement :    2 / 10
Memorability : 2 / 15

Overall Score : 39% (86th out of 192)

No comments: