Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 208 - Wednesday, July 27th, 2011

I noticed that the Treasure Island resort had a Texas Hold 'Em night each Wednesday so decided to go along, and wasn't disappointed. Free entry to the relaxed-style tournament and 4 bottles of CayBrew cost a mere CI$18 (€15). There were 34 entrants on 4 tables, and the house rules stated that whoever went out first at each table had to get the rest of the table a round - costly in these here parts! Not only did I manage to avoid that (thank you Crazy Kirk for the extra CayBrew!), I also reached the final table and came a respectable 5th, for which I won nothing, as there was just one prize of a CI$50 bar tab and entry to the Grand Final with CI$1500 in prizes.

The tournament started at 7pm sharp and my participation ended just after 9pm, meaning that I had time to dash to Casanova for some scran, in the shape of Scallops for starers (ultra-nice) and marinated chicken fillets with potatoes and vegetables for mains, washed down eminently with a glass of shiraz.

   
Nice venue for a poker tourney

Contentment : 16 / 25
Excitement :    3 / 10
Memorability : 3.5 / 15

Overall Score : 45% (63rd out of 208)

No comments: