Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 191 - Sunday, July 10th, 2011

Chez Cora yesterday was so good that I decided to go again, although the sheen was slightly wiped off with slower service (waiting over 30 minutes for an omelette) and a choice of omelette - the Western (ham, tomato, onions, peppers) that was tasty but not as much as the Theo yesterday.

Afterwards I walked into McGill University campus, and lingered there a while in the sun, reading the newspaper and watching the world go by. I then took a long walk and caught the Metro from Sherbrooke out to the ageing Olympic Stadium and its neighbour, the BioDome, where I met up with Mark and Jody for a wander through its various themed natural habitat areas - spotted in close range were a pair of very agitated lynxes (they smelt food, I think), a capybura (the largest rodent species in the world), beavers, turtles, otters, parrots, monkeys, poisonous toads, ultra-cute puffins and some very lethargic looking penguins.

Back downtown, a new country of cuisine was added to the Montreal list with a visit to Indian joint Allo Inde, run by a lecherous condescending gentleman who got an order wrong at another table and tried to tell them it was their fault, and seemed to enjoy grunting orders at what seemed to be his daughter. He reckoned that I wouldn't know the difference between the beers that he had on tap so delightfully he was most vexed when I let him know that I had enjoyed Cobra beer many times before. He had a priceless sour-lemon look when he enquired how was my Chicken Vindaloo, which had been ordered to be as spicy as possible and I told him that it was tasty, but was never as spicy as desired - it packed a good punch though in fairness. Great food, twat of a proprietor.

Stade Olympique de Montreal

Here fishy fishy

Contentment :  17.5 / 25
Excitement :     3.5 / 10
Memorability :  4 / 15

Overall Score : 50% (29th out of 191)

No comments: