Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 199 - Monday, July 18th, 2011

You snooze, you lose, goes the adage, and this applies to lunchtime at Maples, for while there is plenty to go around, any particularly nice dish gets hoovered up lickety-split, so when I arrived to the kitchen at 12.20, twenty minutes after its official beginning, one of the two hot mains was gone, leaving me with Jerk Caribbean chicken, which was in displeasing non-breast format, causing me to focus almost exclusively on salad items.

All of this gave me something of a rare occurrence in the evening - slight hunger, and this was very much satisfied at local shore-side restaurant Paradise, where Chicken Curry and a mudslide were enjoyed for CI$17 (€15) including tip - (relative) bargain! The mudslide (vodka, Kahlua, Baileys and cream) was my first ever, and way more delicious than expected, most probably because of the vast amounts of alkyhol within.

Despite taking a regime of B12 (or is it B2? I can't remember - the one that I'm not taking helps pregnancy) tablets to counteract them, a few persistent mosquitoes have managed to bite - one on the lower lip, one behind the ear, one in the neck. I would probably get dozens of bites without the tablets, so mustn't grumble, but they are dang itchy......

 
One of the flavours that didn't cross the Atlantic - not fair

Contentment : 14.5 / 25
Excitement :    1 / 10
Memorability : 1.5 / 15

Overall Score : 34% (98th out of 199)

No comments: