Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 206 - Monday, July 25th, 2011

In my fortnight on Grand Cayman, I have grown accustomed to a number of things - firstly, the heat, which I can definitely withstand a cuple of degrees more of now. Next, the pace of driving - on most of the island, the speed limit is as low as 25 or 30 miles per hour, and most people adhere to it, which takes getting used to. Even my delightful yellow Subaru Hairdryer screams out to be driven faster. One thing that I have not gotten used to is the horrific television channels here - practically all American, naturlich. There seems to be dozens of trashy gossip channels, with each reality show more insipid than the last, so despite there being no less than 3 televisions in my apartment, I don't watch any of them very much.

High domestic excitement this evening with a successful attempt at using the giant washer dryer here in 1 Grand Caymanian. I stalled for a half-hour trying to figure out where the washing powder, then threw caution to the wind and put it directly in the washer with the clothes. It turns out that was the correct thing to do (thank you Aidan, Karen, Kirsty and Michele for confirming afterwards, via Facebook). Straight into the dryer afterwards and hey presto, all clean and dry!

                                           Presenting the 1 Grand Caymanian Washer Dryer!
Contentment : 15 / 25
Excitement :    1 / 10
Memorability : 2.5 / 15

Overall Score : 37% (113th out of 206)

No comments: