Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 196 - Friday, July 15th, 2011

As if it were possible, today's (still free) buffet lunch was the most sublime of the week, with ultra-d'lish lasagne and pasta on the hot bill of fare, with oodles of pizza slices for those who enjoy such things. After work, I drove back to 1 Grand Caymanian (my apartment) with Lisa Lemon (my yellow Subaru Ignis), and after a brie interlude of chillage, set out upon foot to Fidel Murphy's Irish bar for a pint and a spot of cottage pie, which was tasty if not over-enchantingly so. The bar itself was pretty dead too, but just as I was about to leave and head home enwrapped in despondency, I received a Blackberry mailing from JP, ushering me to a free bar up the road where his girlfriend is performing (for she is a dancer of great note and acclaim on this fair isle). So within 20 minutes, I am enjoying a number of glasses of white wine at Vivendi cabaret club, courtesy of Ernst & Young, whose employees were gathered there for a night of raffles, hypnotists, dancing and free booze. After the show, there was much mingling with said E&Y employees, and naturally it turns out that many of them were from Ireland (including Sadhbh, Frank and Aisling), the UK, US, South Africa and Canada.

JP also awarded me an E&Y wristband entitling free entrance to Elements nightclub upstairs, so we all piled up there and were going ape en masse to Party Rock Anthem within minutes. he club was very impressive - a couple of floors, great choons, excellent podium dancers (of whom Gretchen was one), 4 poster beds by the side of the dance-floor and drinks aplenty, although unfortunately they saw fit to charge CAY$8 (€7) for  vodka and red-bull - boo-urns! All-a-sudden, 'twas 3am, when the music stops, and the bouncers hunted everyone out of the place at speed, a la United Kingdom style.  I asked a taxi-lady outside how much to go home - wen she said $15, I said I'd walk, but minutes later she pulled up beside me on the street and brought me home for $5 - whoop whoop! Negotiation always pays, kids!


Oh so it's an Ultra-Lounge, not a nightclub - what *was* I thinking?

Contentment : 17 / 25
Excitement :    3.5 / 10
Memorability : 4 / 15

Overall Score : 49%  (38th out of 196)

No comments: